Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yay! I am back on!



This morning was a bit of a booger but I am back at it again! I had woke up to no cable or phone...ugh! Hubby took care of it finally...I had to wait til someone came online in yahoo to pm them to call my hub to tell him about the situation....Yahoo chat was the only option I could get a response from....The cable company must of put a damper on the speed of my computer til the bill was paid....sheesh

But I did manage to finish a piece of art I had started yesterday while waiting for my puter to speed back up..."The Right Attitude" it reads as follows " With the right attitude you can accomplish anything" ....I was chatting earlier with an artsy friend of mine and we were talking about how we artists get "stuck" ya know the lack of inspiration bug! And I had mulled that over a bit in my head....and said...I really don't think we are stuck...i think it is a growing spurt...if you look at it this way....when you come back from being "stuck" do you notice a difference in your art! Something new you tried or added to your art?....What do you all think?

I enjoyed doing this piece...I think it is kinda fun with the 3 stooges peeking in from the side and the attitude of the girl in the piece! I found the body image in a mag and the face image is from Teesha Moore... I had run out of canvas's so ....I hit the books...literally! lol I created it on a book cover that i removed from an old book with an exacto knife! Like the one on flickr that I did previously.... Almost like working on canvas board...I like it hehe...I have got to go and get busy with creating some more of those ACEO's :) Hugs and love to you all!

Happy Creating!

Nance

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Hey Nance, I love this piece! You never seem to get stuck, as far as I can tell! ;)
I am still very stuck, I haven't made anything for weeks, except on the 'puter. As soon as the block is over I'll let you know if my work is different when I get going again! I sat at my desk yesterday and was so uninspired it's depressing... :( Ah well, I guess I should be doing something else for a while, eh? 'Still knitting furiously!

Love ya loads, keep 'em coming!
Big Hugs, Q xXx

5:34 AM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hiya Suzie! Thank you hun! Oh I get stuck plenty of times lol...You are doing the right thing by keeping busy with your knitting...something will come to you and you will come back all refreshed darlin! :)
Loves ya and big hugs!

9:24 AM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Ladies, I've been reading this book about creativity and the author has a website too. Check out the following, although there are some references to the "muses" spoken of in her (great, by the way) book, I feel her advice says a lot! Scroll down to the "This Month" section: "How do you get the next spark of inspiration when your creativity juices seemingly have been shut off?"
http://www.themuseisin.com/newsletter.html

2:32 PM, August 06, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Here's another good article!
Getting Unstuck: 9 Ways to Escape from Creativity-Halting Goo
http://www.creativity-portal.com/bc/cca/rick.benzel.html

2:44 PM, August 06, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

ahh they have a name for it now besides artists block...creativity halting goo..LMAO thats good! hehe Thanks Suzanne i will definately check those sites out...i have been to creativity portal many a times....its nice to have all of you blog sistas and us giving each other support...:) hugs!

4:03 PM, August 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home