Friday, August 11, 2006

Part 2 of the Altered book cover collage



Oh yay! It let me post a pic hehehehe....Now lets see how far blogger will let me get with the tutorial today! LOL

Step 6: For this project I used a turquoise color (it is actually a Caribbean Green..close enough lol) and antiquing gel medium....if you don't have this you can use a bit of brown paint....keep in mind brown paint does not wipe off as well as the antiquing gel med. For the turquoise part...Get your brush wet and then dab off as much water on a towel then dip brush into the turquoise paint and dab off again on a towel.....we are doing a dry brush technique as to not get the paper background too wet...to avoid bubbling your paper... see step 7

Step 7: Here is a photo of where I am randomly dry brushing the turquoise paint on....just do this in spot where you think you might like to see the color peek thru...

Step 8: Now we are going to antique our background....Using the antiquing gel medium or brownish paint we are going to do about the same thing as we did with our paint color...you might want your brush just a tad bit more wet than in the last step....now brush on small sections of antiquing gel med. to your background and grab a rag or paper towel and wipe the excess off....you can rub this around a bit to get more coverage (the gel does spread around pretty well) continue this step till your piece is all antiqued...just play with it till you are satisfied with the look.

Grrrrrrrrrr blogger will not let me post no more pics at this time! What a pain! This will keep y'all on your toes lol....I suppose I will have to try later with the rest of the steps! Again! Sorry all...you will get the whole tutorial eventually lol.... :P*rasberries* to blogger!

I guess I will get some art done while we are all waiting lol....and get some of it listed on eBay...

We have a new blog sista! Terri Stegmiller! Also goes by Stegart! She is new to this type of art! So please welcome Terri to the our little altered world! You can find her on my list along with other artsy folks I visit regularly! Who knows maybe she will end up addicted to junk art along with the rest of us hehehe!

Happy Creating!

Nance

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Wahey! I'm catching up! This is a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, Nance! I'll try & post some 'in progress pictures on my blog as I go....it's all a bit chaotic - if I wait to make the space first, I'll never get started, so I'm just using a corner of a table near the computer. I keep asking you questions, and you're right there with the answers! :)
Blast blogger & the picture-loading malarkey :( ~ you'll have tp post each step on Flickr, or maybe this should be a 'Try-It-Tuesday' technique, while Chrysti's so busy??? Why not?

I'm just waiting for the 'antiquing' layer to dry, although I've had to be very experimental with that...hehe...ah well, I'm just going with it & we'll see....:)

What's next?!! ;)

Big Hugs, Q xXx

1:00 PM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Suzie Q said...

'Forgot to say thanks for posting the link to Terri (StegArt)'s blog. What a lovely place to visit ~ such beautiful creations! :)

Heard from Jude lately, Nance? Helloooooooo Judy darlin'!! :) Love you! xXx Brisbane? Where's that?? ;)

Having a great time, Thanks Nance, and all the sistas! :)

Group Hug! (((((xXx)))))

1:06 PM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

well lookey here! Someone sounds revved up! You go girlie! I can just see you bouncing around having a blast playing with this technique! So cool! hmmm I think I see a grin on your face! :)

Cant wait to see the progress...I would post on flickr...but since they say it is not a "photo" which I took with a "Camera" half of them wont be seen to others...so i thinks we are stuck with blogger lol...ya flickr says if it is a photo photo its all good...but photos of art dont count nor do scans...frrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnttt 'rasberry...ha cant win for losin...eh well....Seen Jude on flickr passing thru...Brisbane? Brisbane? hmmm where in the world is Brisbane? LOL jk..Stegart aka Terri is fun people, me thinks shes going to fit right in with our bunch of goof balls hehe..Group hugs back at all of you blog sista's....

2:01 PM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Suzie Q said...

LoL! A big cheesy grin! :D

This morning my 'background' looked like mud....not very inspiring! :( But I shall plod on & see what happens...

Thanks, Nance, you're a star ~ and a great teacher! :D

Lots of Love, Q xXx

10:48 AM, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Enjoy the process Suzie! and Thank you! :) love and hugs!

7:03 AM, August 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home