Sunday, August 13, 2006

Last of the tutorial for Altered book covers


I believe we left off at cutting out your text and adhering it to your book cover...if I left something out, please don't hesitate to ask, I will be more than happy to help you out! :)

Here is my image and text adhered to my book cover!

Let's move on to some texture!






Step 12(i think lol): Adding texture.

Here I have one of those infamous starbucks coffee sleeves that my hubby brings me...minus the coffee ahem! lol ....tear into smaller pieces and arrange them on your background...once your happy with the arrangement go ahead and glue them down.





Step 13: With the same paints we used earlier for the background....brush on a dab of turquoise and let dry...then use your antiquing gel medium over top and wipe off excess.












"Sometimes I sits and thinks...and sometimes I just sits"

And here it is....finished!!! You can add other bits and pieces to your altered book cover...the possibilities are endless!!

Ok! I want to see those Altered book covers...hehehe


Wooohooo! Blogger let me finish the tutorial! Yay!!!

Tomorrows blog will be low key...but I will need for all of you to read it....it will mean alot to me!!

Happy Creating!

Nance

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

I love your finished piece, Nance, and the sentiment! I've still to find the image & text for mine, but I'll post it as soon as it's done. Going to work on it now...

10:51 AM, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hi Nancie:
I would luv to participate is it too late?
On the book cover do you round the edges and cover the other side with paper?
Thanks for the step by step instructions.
I will try it this weekend.
Maggie
Praying for you friend little girl.

12:05 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hello Maggie!
Never too late to participate!
No I didn't round the edges with this one...If you want to round the edges...then by all means plz do! :) Learning techniques teaches us new things! I just glued my papers just inside where the leather of the book is covered with paper...Glad to see you playing along! :) And thank you for the prayers for Ariel!! :)

7:07 AM, August 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home