Sunday, August 13, 2006

IMT ~ Open challenge

Open challenge eh? Well alright! IMT is taking a short break and gave us an open challenge!

For myself the challenge would be to attempt to paint on canvas...just paint nothing more...no paper, no collage pieces, no glue! Just paint! It has been a long put off thing for me....I am intimidated by just painting...so I am going to give it a whirl!

These are the questions asked of us on IMT.

Favorite source of inspiration? Well, for me inspiration comes from many places, but if I would have to choose a fav.....boy thats a tough one! I guess I would have to choose my artsy pals...when they get excited about art !! Just gets me revved up to create!

Do I feel the need to shake things up in my art?

I plan on rockin' the world with art! LOL

Am I in the mood to try a new technique?

Oh, most definately!! The more I try and learn the more I grow as an artist and gives me more options when I create a piece! Bring it on!!!

A new color palette! Hmmm what color haven't I used is the question! I suppose that would fall in the pinks category! Not fond of pink!

A new medium? I am kind of limited over here for new mediums...I am what you call the poor starving artist...who uses what is on hand! But I would have to say if it is affordable, I am more than willing!!!!

What is my passion? Cheesecake! Ok, kidding! My passion is to be as versitile as possible when it comes to art.....My passion for art started in my early childhood and has always been a part of me! My passion is to learn as much as possible and teach art when and where possible...and to encourage those who wish to become an artist!

What are my fears? That my arthritis will take over my ability to create! But I am not about to let that get in my way!

What are my favorite things about creating? The process! You can find out so much about yourself in the creative process! Then of course there is glue hehe Nothing more satisfying about a hard days work and peeling the glue from your fingertips LOL

What is my least favorite thing about creating? Oh I am sure everyone will agree on this one is the cleanup from the aftermath!

Why do I create? I create because .....I can! I create because it is in me to do so! I create because it helps me get through some of the toughest times life throws at you! If I went a day without creating something...I would feel I was not living up to my potential!

Why are you an artist? Why? Because of all the influential people that have come into my life...and as so the non-influential people in my life. My mother taught me how to color and encouraged me! I think artists are born with some sort of art gene lol...it is a part of who we are and take that gift and do wonderous things with it! It is a gift from God and I am so thankful that I received such a special gift from him!

How would you describe your art? Oh my! here we go! I have so many different ways for creating art...but to best describe it.....Colorful, whimsy, odd, sometimes serious, but mostly odd with a touch of humor! Best described as "Quirky". That is just my sense of humor showing through and why not use art to show who I am!!! :P I am not to crazy about giving a title to things....like "Outsider artist". I suppose that "Quirky" "Outsider art" and I suppose if I must add "Abstract" to the list!

What are my goals? If we are talking art here, well....To put away my fears and just create without hesitation, to be more free with my art. To leave behind my mark in this world to say, "I am Nancy Baumiller and I created this". My main goal is to teach art to others and excite them with art and help them get through tough times with art! Art heals! To help as many people as I can, to encourage as many people as I can, and make as many people as I can smile and laugh at life! I want my art to teach others and see my art as me...to understand who I really am!!!!

What are my dreams? Hmmm well I think this comes before goals...dreams were given to us to make them come true....good ones ahem! Dreams are something to give life to! Without them we wouldn't be able to make goals. I dream of many things...mostly daydreaming...I don't remember my dreams...I kinda tend to sleep like a rock lol....I would pretty much have to say that my dreams are set into my goals that I stated above^. "We are never given dreams without the power to make them happen". I dream of so many things...but it is up to me to decipher which of those dreams can actually be a reality! My dreams are to be the best that I can be without regrets! To take this gift that God has given me and give it back to the world! :)

So, with this, I challenge myself to just paint! No planning, no thinking, no hesitations....JUST PAINT.

NancyB

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Yay! You go girl! :) I am so with you on the 'fear of paint' thing! I would love to produce beautiful watercolour paintings, but maybe I should save this for my blog! ;) I haven't got to IMT yet, I've been too busy playing with you! My 'masterpiece' is almost finished, I've thoroughly enjoyed having a go along with you, Nance, although I do have a mess to clear up now! ;) Thanks so much for such a fun weekend!
I must away to my bed now, but I'll see if I can answer any of those IMT questions tomorrow....mmmm....

Good Night & God Bless xXx

Q xXx

6:23 PM, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

I know you can girl! you got it in ya! You can do anything you put your heart and soul into! I just finished my watercolor painting...its pretty simple..but its a start...never done it before so...I will show it soon....
I am so glad you had fun playing along and making a good mess hehe
I hope you have the sweetest dreams my friend!! :) Good night to you and may God bless you always! :)

6:27 PM, August 13, 2006  
Blogger windyangel said...

Thanks for your honesty and openess in this response to "the challenge".
I really appreciate what you've said about your friends inspiring you. I personally must keep reminding myself not to be frustrated by the fabulous art I see but instead to be inspired.
And after seeing Suzie's response and excitement of playing along with you I think I'll have a look and try too. Aqcuaintences that don't know me well are often surprised to learn that I love to make a mess, and do things like yank plants out of their pots and rip at the roots to transplant.
Might be a day or two but am anxious to give a try.

5:41 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

I myself still get frusterated by others art....although I love it to pieces...I sit and wonder how did they do that...I decided to quit asking myself that question and just play with the materials I have til I discover how to do a technique..simular...but at the same time not copying them....I guess that comes along with the self-taught thing...I try to get ahold of every technique available on the internet and learn as much as I can...Art is what I love and what I want to do in life......
Oh you would love it here with my blog sista's ....we are so good at making messes....aren't we girls!! LOL :P.........I only rip plants out of their pots because I killed them LOL...I am foliage-ally challenged hehe...I would love to see the finished piece of art you create with this technique I started!...have fun with it!!! :)

Nance

6:12 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Ouissi Gresty said...

I never use paint...I would love to but never get up the courage!!

I love this post...really great to read...

Ouissi x

9:06 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hello Ouissi! Once you start your hooked! I am only used to painting backgrounds for my journal art and ACEO's...where I slather acrylics on to magazine paper(old magazines) and just play with the colors, adding here and there...mixing and discovering new color mixes...Just play with the colors and see where it takes you...it is great fun and very relaxing to just paint backgrounds for future collages..as so is painting with watercolors...what I did was not try too hard...just played with the colors till I was happy with it....Thank you for your comments on this post...I am glad you enjoyed reading it

9:19 AM, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home