Monday, August 07, 2006

IMT Challenge~ Black and White

Finally got the IMT B&W challenge done! It took me awhile to come up with an idea and this is what I did...I have created a black and white collage on 8x10 wrapped canvas....I gesso'd the canvas and let it dry...I then scanned into my computer a vintage dictionary page and then printed it out 3 times on my black laser printer...then tore the 3 copies up and adhered them to the canvas....then I painted around them with black acrylic paint...I then found the image of these ladies at Flickr Collage Images....and adhered them to the piece....I went into the microsoft paint program and did the lettering w/black background. It reads, "It's not trash, it's ephemera!" hehe....I kinda like it. I then added a black and white checker'd bow to the top left corner.....Hmmmm I wonder if someone I know will recognize where that pretty little ribbon came from hehehehe.

Happy Creating!

NancyB

11 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Brilliant, Nancy! 'It's not trash, it's ephemera' ~ I love it! That has to go up on the wall in my 'ephemeral' workroom! ;) LoL!

I love the description of how you made it - makes me want to have a go myself! Excellent results!

Much Love & Big Hugs, Q xXx

3:20 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger JO said...

Love the nostalgic look to this piece, nice job.

7:11 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

hmmm Suzie...would that be a catch all room like my studio? hehe hope that didnt sound wrong...???
well get to it woman...go play!!! :) Love and hugs to you!!

7:55 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you JO! Glad you came by for a visit! :)

7:59 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Nancy, I really like your black and white piece, and funny I think I've seen ribbon JUST LIKE THAT somewhere...hee hee!

10:34 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hi Suzanne! I have no idea where that ribbon came from hehe! But it fit right in for the b&w challenge! Thank you! :) I save and reuse almost anything...well not everything lol Thank God or we would really have to worry bout me LOL

6:13 AM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger ~Gina said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing your creative process.

6:46 AM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger firstborn said...

how cool nancy! i like your text saying!!!

:) mary ann x

7:45 AM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Gina and Mary Ann! :)

7:54 AM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

Oh wow this is fabulous, such a gorgous vintage piece - love love love it!!!!!!

5:31 PM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you my sista Jude! I was taken aback by the comments on this piece...a simple piece...and its a hit with lots of folks...ya just never know do ya LOL But I have to tell ya....after doing a totally B&W piece...I had to go and make something with lots of color LOL

6:33 AM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home