Thursday, August 10, 2006

I did a Lia too ....again!


Hmmmm another bad pic LOL....eh well! Goodmorning to all my blog sista's!!! I spent a few hours last night just de-stressing by painting backgrounds...I did this while everyone else in the house was sleeping....helps me relax so I can sleep better....I manged to get four backgrounds done and I like the bottom left greenish one...it is so cool in person and I like the top right redish one.....they are all done on mag paper of course...a cheap resourceful art supply for me!

Yesterday Lia had mentioned on my Flickr that, she would like to see my process on bookcover collages.....I am thinking of a step by step with pictures...I will work on this, this afternoon.

Hub brought home some envies and some bubble wrap for my packaging situation...this is all he could get ahold of at the time....there is a Fed Ex/kinkos (sp) downtown in Charlotte where he works...walks by the place everyday...but always too busy with work to stop in and get the scoop on what I need....since they do prints I have a couple of questions to ask of them....cost on per prints...so I can get my new collage sheets listed in eBay and also my colored collage sheets....the new collage sheets are black and white and are mostly old photos I have found or family vintage photos and also has some useful words to cut out and use in collages. I also made a word collage sheet that I would like to have printed too!

Finding faces for collages is not easy...I have always wondered where on earth Teesha Moore comes up with her face images....they are so cool....I search and search for cool and interesting faces to not only use in my collages but also for making collage sheets for others to use....Legs and feet and arms are another difficult one to come up with....I have put off buying TM's limbs rubber stamp sheet for quite some time now...trying to come up with my own images....I will continue to work on this....my prob is when I do find something I get too excited and incorporate them into a collage and often forget to scan the separate images to my computer.. lol

I am off now to get a cup of coffee and get busy on the book cover collages to show Lia and the rest of my blog sista's....and get something for the IF challenge~capture done...I am thinking an ACEO.

Much love and hugs and Happy Creating!

Nance

5 Comments:

Blogger StegArt said...

I agree, it is frustrating trying to find faces, legs, arms etc. Good luck in your search, can't wait to see what you find. Let me know if you find them and create some collage sheets. Terri

11:29 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Terri! I will definately notify everyone when i come up with something! for the moment I have some collage sheets listed on ebay... http://stores.ebay.com/Nancys-Art-and-Supplies
I am working on making a few more and find a way to get them all printed up again...
Oh btw! you were one of the winners for the freebie giveaway I held...send me your home addy via email at mrmrsfritz@comporium.net and I will send it off to you!!

11:47 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger artjunk~ said...

Oh my gosh! I just checked over and you already have a tutorial up!!! I'm so excited, can't wait to see! and I'll have to link you're "DAL" on my blog!!!!xxoo Lia

12:57 AM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger firstborn said...

how cool>>>thank you so much for doing this nancy! (& thanks lia for asking!)...will have to try this when i get back from my trip...i just thought i'd bop by to say hi!

:) mary ann xo

4:25 AM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

anytime! :) I have a message for you from Suzanne, "OK I found out we are probably going to the dunes this weekend so mailed it off the goodie box. It cost $5.70 so I think I would suggest to Mary Ann to use a flat-rate envelope if she can when it's time for her to mail back to you IF POSSIBLE...I think that's $4.05. Anyway, I don't have her e-mail addy so maybe you could mention it to her"
While your gone at your friends could you possibly have a neighbor or someone to get your mail for you? I am guessing the box might reach your home before you get back from your visit. :) hope I said that right...not really awake yet lol

6:03 AM, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home