Thursday, August 10, 2006

Altered book cover collage tutorial...for Lia and my Blog Sista's Part 1


Lia asked for an altered book cover collage tutorial...so here you go sweetie!

Step 1: Choose the book cover size you would like to use for this project. You can leave the cover on the book for an altered book project or you can go on as follows in the tutorial.







Step 2: If you would like to use just the cover for this project (works as a canvas board of sorts) then you will need to remove the cover from the book using a craft knife as shown in photo.











We are going to use this inside cover for the base of your collage. Lets move onto step 3.














Step 3: Choosing your papers for your background. I used painted magazine papers and old scrap book pages...Use up those scraps girls!!!









Step 4: Tear up your papers into smaller pieces. Use a good variety of papers to give your art piece more interest.



















Step 5: Arrange your torn papers in a pleasing matter. Arrange them till you are happy with it, then adhere to the your base using glue stick or gel medium.




Ok I gotta stop here....and do another post....blogger isn't letting me put any more pic's on this one for some darn reason! ugh! See the rest of the steps in the next blog post.... :P

6 Comments:

Blogger artjunk~ said...

this is fabulous Nance! love the detail! cool to see you at work! you are amazing as always. and a sweetie to do this!

p.s. yes, blogger is a pain in the @*****. One of the reasons I stopped posting so often. they were getting on my nerves! I hate when it they have the "hiccups", but thanks for doing this!!!

6:59 AM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

aww thanks Lia! Anything for a friend! I enjoy teaching what I do...now wouldnt it be great if all the blog sista's could get together and DAL ...we would have so much fun! I suppose we should save our pennies and make a visit to Jude's one day and grab Suzie on the way along with all our other blog sista's! Ahhh one can dream! hehe
Blogger hiccups are the worst!!! I will finish this tutorial eventually lol...

7:05 AM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

brilliant idea Scotland better watch out!!!!!!!!

6:43 AM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hehehehe! One day Jude one day! We would all definately rock Scotland hehe!

10:00 AM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Suzie Q said...

LoL! :) I love that idea, Nance! Scotland and the rest of the UK wouldn't know what'd hit 'em!! What a colourful mess we could make....hehehe... my whole house looks as though I've 'done a Lia' permanently, so no worries there! ;)

I love this tutorial, Nance, with the little tips that are so useful. You are a real star for doing this and it may just be he kickstart I need!! Thank You! :)

Love & Hugs all round, Q xXx

10:02 AM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Woohoooo an Altered World one country at a time LOL hehehehe...Oh so glad to hear your playing and DAL is so much fun! You should see the aftermath on my desk...my goodness....working on paper dolls zetti style....and another journal art page....a few ACEO's plus all my packaging stuff...ahhhhhhhhh what a life teeheehee! making messes is what i do best! :D
I love teaching...especially art...getting people excited about art and getting in touch with who they are is just the best!

10:07 AM, August 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home