Friday, August 04, 2006

"All glory comes from daring to begin" ~unknown

Well so far we only have 3 people including me for a supply swap!

If anyone wants to join in please say so soon! Ive got my clean desk covered in goodies now for a swap hehe....

Not sure how we should all do this....I have only done one supply swap which was a flat rate box filled to the gills and then passed on to person to person. They then took out what they wanted and put back equal value of what they took..sad to say I don't think I have enough stuff to stuff a box that big LOL. I am really hoping to get to the antique store (aka junk shop) this weekend and a couple flea markets to see what I can find.

I am thinking of making goodies packages for each individual that joins the swap....I feel it is more personal that way and fair.....what do you think? Like I have said I have never really done this ....so your help and input is needed here! Pretty please!

No matter what the decision I would like to keep this simple....paper stuff and small things for easy mailing....Now you have probably seen some of my funky art so part of the stuff I send is fun and funky....and I will throw in some pretties too!

Let's get this ball rolling girls....:) Can you tell I am a bit excited lol

Happy Creating!

Nance

3 Comments:

Blogger ikkinlala said...

I am possibly interested depending on the format - I'm sure I can find things to send, but I need to watch what I spend on postage right now.

11:10 AM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I like the idea of starting with one box and sending it to the first person on the list, having them take what they want and putting back in an equal amount...that way we each get cool stuff that we like or need and if we don't have a lot to contribute we can take only a little, if that makes sense! But I'm open to other methods too, never participated in swap before but it sounds exciting!

7:44 PM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Ikkinlala...I don't have a whole lot either..Just thought this would be fun and give everyone who joins this a chance to use something different in their art and inspire them to try new things...so I will keep this small..

Suzanne I was thinking of filling a small box cram it full of light weight items so as to keep postage down for all. Boxes tend to break down after all the opening and closing the box...even though right now we only have 4 players including myself...along the trip this box takes it might need replacing before it comes back to me.

So tonight I will put together a box and then tomorrow will post how we will all go about this..

9:21 PM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home