Friday, July 21, 2006

A sticky tape collage just for me!!

I was inspired by IMT sticky tape collages....this is not finished by all means...but I spent last night scrouring magazines for images I liked and making sticky tape transparencies with them....the background is handmade paper and can be found at ArtByChrysti's Covet Me eBay store... http://stores.ebay.com/Covet-Me you will also find wondeful works of art she has for sale and lots and lots of fun embellishments for your art needs! The image came in a package of goodies from her store! So pretty! Thank You Chrysti! There are so many elements in this piece I can't even begin to name them all but here is just a few...buttons from www.collagestuff.com Vintage dictionary pages (found this dictionary at our local antique shop) Old book pages from books I got at a flea market....and images found in Country Home magazines...(they have some awesome antiques in there) ....

I am thinking this would look great in a white shadow box made to look shabby chic...with maybe bits of lace and maybe a small vintage medicine bottle or two and more buttons....

I thought of Judy Scott aka Jude http://judy-scott.blogspot.com/ with all her sweet quilts and floral fabrics...Jude is a fabulous quilter and artist....go take a peek at what she does...you will be pleasently amazed at all the lovelies she has created...to see more of her quilts and art you can see them here http://www.flickr.com/photos/85185982@N00/ while I was just getting that addy for you all she has just posted an amazing piece of art! Her art and quilts just give you a happy feeling!

Artjunkgrl aka Lia is another friend and artist I thought about while making this piece...she is one fabulous inspiring artist....a junk artist who will create art with simple things that you might ordinarily throw out..for instance ..junk mail! This wonderful gal will spread out newspaper on her floor(which by the way she paints on them too!) grabs a handfull of junkmail and invites her children to come play and paint with her! You can see her whimsy lovelies at http://www.lifeonoutpost.blogspot.com/ and also more lovelies and photos she takes of her home...so so pretty!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/mejrmom/

Now SuzieQ takes some totally fabulous photos on her journeys where she lives with her sidekick Stan(her beautiful chocolate lab) I believe this sweet gals photos would make it into magazines or prints to be hung in your home! I'm telling you they are gorgeous...She has the eye for capturing things in their natural state! Suzie see's things that some of us may pass by and take for granted! God created a masterpiece when he created the world and man and all the wonderful creatures of this earth! And Suzie captures it all for us! I hope to one day visit these places that I can only see in her photos! You can view her photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzieq/ Not only does she take beautiful photos but is also an artist....she has some fabulous art using inks and prismacolor pencils on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=50797 .

and also...Darcy Altaville artist and owner of http://www.bluejudestudio.com/ Darcy uses bright fun colors and she has such a whimsy feel to her art! She also has her images on tshirts, coffee mugs and much much more....I just received one of her cards in the mail and plan on framing it! It is such a fun card! All made from her original art! Check her out!!!

I have some items ending soon in my eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/Nancys-Art-and-Supplies anything made from these sales will be for my daughters school supplies and clothing! So I hope you take a peek!

Happy Creating!

Nance

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Awwww...Nance, you are such a sweetheart xXx I love what you've done with the image transfers - I so wish I could get the hang of that technique - I keep trying and failing, but I love the results (like yours) when it comes out right!

Thank you so much for the lovely things you said about my photography and the link to my Etsy store! I hope you do get to come & see all the lovely places I've been to one day.. we'll have to have a 'gathering of the Blog Sistas'!

Off to check out some of the others now... Have a great weekend, darlin' ~ Happy Creating!! :)

Love ya loads, Q xXx

6:58 AM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

tape transparencies? if that is what you are talking about i will send you some...ive got tons hehe and will send instructions..they are so easy you will laugh yourself silly hehe...if you are talking about ink jet transparencies...i have not tried that yet...will though one day...loves ya much and hugs

7:40 AM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

Awwww...Nance, you are such a sweetheart xXx
Big happy tears welling up here, you are so kind honey bunch. I love the tape transfers, Ive still not given it a go. One for the list!

Love the image youve used of the couple its such a lovely romantic scene, and is that lilac I can see. Really delicate. Look forward to seeing more and more. Loads of love Jude x

1:00 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Aww sweetie me wuvs ya! Thank you love....yes those are lilacs you see...my ultimate fav flower...such a simplistic flower with a fragrance to put you in a dreamy mood! I am going to have to plant some lilacs...i miss them so...I am on a roll today youll be seeing lots of art hehe
Love you babe and hugs!

1:34 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Suzie Q said...

Nance, it's the inkjet ones that I can't do (they just end up a horrible modgy mess, with bits of paper where it shouldn't be & ink everywhere but where I want it!) - I want to try the sticky tape ones but can't find any sticky tape wider than 1", which is not a lot of good..
If you've got spare transparencies, I'd love some please!!

Look forward to seeing what you've been doing on that roll!

Loads of Love, Q xXx

3:08 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Ahhh I havent done those yet...I hear that letting the ink dry completely after printing it is a key to this...you can also read more on the Flickr discussions of all what did and didn't work for them.. http://www.flickr.com/groups/tryittuesdays/discuss/72157594195810868/ I have not tried it yet gonna have to wait and get me some of those sheets.....I will put together some transparencies for you and all you will have to do is soak them in water and rub off the paper backing hehe.... You wouldnt happen to have a WalMart over that way???? Most office supplies carry foot wide rolls of this tape..

Loves ya and hugs

8:15 AM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home