Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Prayer For My Family


I know I made another blog for my gripping and groaning but this is a special piece and I wanted to share it with you.

As you know our family is going thru some tough times right now...and I was at the point of giving up today...I decided to try and put my feelings down on paper thru art.

The church image I found on Collage Images Flickr site...it spoke to me because it reminded me of home and looks so much like the church my parents were wed in..

While I still lived in WA the church I just spoke of was gutted out by a fire. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I wish you all could of seen the inside before that had happen...The most beautiful statues and stained glass windows I had ever seen! What a shame.

After I finished this piece along with my prayers...I now once more feel hopeful again! This piece at a later date will be framed an hung in our home to remind us there is always hope.

Thank You for letting me share this with you!

Nance

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

I know I've already commented on Flickr, but I can't get over this piece, Nancy, it's so very beautiful and moving.

Please let me know if you ever make copies of it to sell, I would love one.

I'm so glad that you are feeling more hopeful - your prayers cannot fail to be answered when they are expressed in such a glorious way.

Have a beautiful Sunday Nancy, and a wonderful week ahead...

Much Love, Hugs & Special Prayers,
Q xXx

10:53 AM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

If I do decide to make prints...I will be sure to let you know!! :)

The way I felt after making this piece...was like the weight lifted off of my shoulders...I just keep praying he blesses my hubby with a good job this week. I think my hubby is feeling better too a bit...but is still stressed about the rent and such...I think I finally made a piece of art he likes LOL

Happy day to you too and Hope your week is good as well..and where is miss jude anyway...is she ok?

5:26 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

miss jude is back,
had a crazy weekend with T in the Park music festival hitting our town. 75,000 music fans wow. Anyway things are slightly more normal except Im heading off to edinburgh in a minute!!!!!!
Love this piece babe it has so much heart in it . Keep praying and I will also. Much love J x

3:32 AM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Welcome back Missy Jude!! I had forgotten all about that music festival! Wow thats alot of people! I hope you had a marvelous time!! Missed having you around!!
and Thank You!

Love and Hugs!

8:23 AM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

Hi babe Jim and I didnt go it was way too expensive. Just spent the whole weekend worrying unnecessarily about my girls. lol. Cannot get my head round any art just now practically a week and no art!!!!!!
Loads of love Jude x

11:18 AM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Awww....I know I would be going nuts with beautiful girls there age away from me lol...not looking forward to the teen years for my girls lol....I know what you mean about not getting your head in the art...I too was struggling and so I just started dabbling and this was the end results! It helped me tremendously! Give art a try girl...It could do you a world of good love! and I have missed you and your art! I was going nuts saying where is Jude where is she...hehe Ask Jim to give you a big hug from me! :) Love ya!!

12:12 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger kathywas said...

Wow, Nancy..this is absolutely GORGEOUS! And so inspiring! This is one of my favorites of yours! You've created a real eye-catcher and powerful piece with this one!!

8:27 PM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Well thank you Kathy!! :)

9:08 PM, July 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home