Monday, July 24, 2006

Love me tender love me true.............


Seen this puppy dog in a magazine and thought of the lyrics, "Love me Tender Love me true". I guess a continuance from my Childs play piece with the Love me tender theme.

I am not much fan for dogs as I am cats...but he was so adorable...I guess it is the little yip yappers I don't deal with...funny how I can handle bigger dogs compared to the small ones....the reason for that being...as a child I was bit by a small dog on the back of my ankle...and literally chased me up a tree! lol....good thing I could climb trees and avoid another bite from this small creature....if you can visualize this it is actually quite commical lol....Just like when my cat sneaks outside (being an indoor cat) and a 41 yr old woman chasing this blessed cat around the yard...hes an ornery bugger lol...I am postive that my neighbors get quite a chuckle! But they never let on that they do....These neighbors have grown up here and keep to themselves...they don't say "hi" or "how are you?"....It is kind of sad actually. I would love to get to know these people....I have no one here to organize a neighborhood function....like a BBQ cook off (erm grill off as they say) with a table full of ingredients and they have to use only 3...or maybe in the fall a Harvest party ....where tables are set up for children to paint their own pumpkins and win a prize and adults have a pumpkin carving contest...and serve hot apple spiced cider....Ok I am daydreaming lol...You know how you see these sort of families and their friends on tv...they look like they have the ultimate gatherings! Somebody pull me out of this dreamland...sheesh!

It just upsets me that people don't do these things anymore! Do you get what I am saying here...People are just too busy to get together anymore and have quality time! Do they not like having friends? Well one day when I am financially on top of things...I will take it upon myself to plan a gathering....get these people to open up and see how fun life can be!!!! Or maybe organize a crafting class of some sort....

Theres an empty building just up the road from me...a short walk very short walk...looks as if it were used for local produce sales or something to that effect....I would love to get a grant and fix that building up for an art gathering...like mini art retreat for locals. I wanna teach darnit! LOL It would be great to have a once a week summer Kids Day to teach them the love of art and give them a bit of self-confidence! OHHHHh what a fun idea!

Well, I think I have rambled on long enough hehe....so off to finishing up 6 aceo/atcs I started last night!

Much love and hugs and Happy Creating!

Nance

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Wow, Nance, you are overflowing with great ideas! :) I symapthise with your feelings over the lack of community spirit - it's the same here where I live - I don't even know what my one neighbour looks like and I've been here nearly 2 years - how sad is that?
I wonder if you could get a rant to start up an Arts Centre for kids? Worth looking into...it's a great idea and you are so full of enthusiasm & creativity it would be a shame to keep it all to yourself!
Good Luck, hun, keep dreaming...and watch them come true! :)

Much Love & Big Hugs, Q xXx

9:00 AM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Suzie Q said...

Oops! Keyboard dyslexia strikes again....'sympathise' & 'grant' is what I intended to type! 'Need more sleep.... ;)

9:02 AM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger firstborn said...

that's a great idea of yours, a building for arts & crafts...i, too, have had grand delusions of opening an art & garden center for the children of the community (this was when i lived in maine)..i still hold on to that dream though becasue i really do believe in instilling the wonders of art & gardening to children...i tried to do that when i used to work with kiddos in the pre & public schools...anyway, i digress...

the puppy is sweet...

6:59 PM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

aww suzie i do it all the time hehe im the typoqueen! lol I think I need more zzzzzzzz's or more coffee :D

8:45 PM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Talk about a studio eh Mary Ann hehe.."If you can dream it..you can make it happen" :) Two things kids love yes...paint and dirt..both are messy hehe...no wonder i like both LOL Im a big kid! :) I hope your dream comes true darlin!

8:48 PM, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home