Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lil devil he is lol

I know bad photo....LOL This lil creature I made about a year ago! "Devilish Costume" He must think he is trying to get away with something with a candy corn costume....he is still a lil devil regardless hehehhe! He is made from baked clay....secured to a wooden base....painted with acrylics and has a cute little black cat candy bucket! I'm tellin ya what I giggled thru the whole process of making him! I still do LOL

I have been challenged again!!! This time by the wonderful ArtByChrysti aka Chrysti...Monochromatic ....White!!! Thank you Chrysti....ahem brat! LOL hehe..Got ideas rolling around now! hmmmmmmm Whew! You girls are tough! LOL But I will do it!

Last night we bought fireworks! Yippy! No big thing here you can by them year round and they are legal hehe.....My girls had a little friend over to play....so I gave them some popits to play with (little white paper balls that you throw at the ground and make a snap!!!) Then hubby got them out some sparklers....the little neighbor girl had never seen such a thing....they all got two a piece and had a blast!!! Hubby with his ornery self...got out firecrackers lol And as it got dark we set off some whistlers(well thats what I call them.....they shoot into the sky like a crazy rocket and then expode into beautiful colors.....so fun!!! LOL

Ok, I am off to go try out this monochromatic challenge of white....I know Chrysti ! No colors! Pout!!! hehe

Oh and Jude....its in the mail hehehe

Happy Day and Happy Creating!

6 Comments:

Anonymous chrysti said...

this is FAB.. i Loooooooooooooooooove the one you have on ebay, if i could afford it, id snatch it up right now! Do you take layaway? LOL!

Can't wait to see your white piece. I don't get to create today... wah, too much to list.. and motivated to make money... so i'm gonna try going on a lsiting spree.

1:18 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Suzie Q said...

What?! No pictures of the Shabby Chic challenge??!! In that case I must think of a challenge for you myself, dear Nancy! ;) Mmmmm....need some time to come up with something groooooovy...aha! there it is! Something GROOVY.. 60s/70s inspired Hippy Art! Yay! I might even have a go myself! ;)

I love your little devil, you are a proper sculptress, no less! hehe He's brilliant, looks a little like my non-hubby! ;)

'Very much looking forward to this monochromatic work....nice challenge, Chrysti! Tricky, though, I wouldn't have a clue...

So, can't wait to see what grooviness you come up with, m'darlin', when you get 5 minutes!! :)

Loads of Love 'n' Hugs coming your way,
Q xXx

1:27 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hmmm Layaway...I dunno hehe..With eBay? ya right!! I am sure I can come up with a smaller version! I did my listing last night...I wanted some free time to just play! I should come over and do it for you !!! hehe...and snoop around at your studio LOL....go get em girlie!!!!!!

1:52 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

I will put them up in a bit Suzie...pssssst you can find them on Flickr hehe!

Thank you for the compliments on the sculpting...its fun!! I havent done it in a while...cept a lil sumthing sumthing on my shabby chic piece...

Just GROOVEY!! YA BABY!!! hehe...psycadelic(erm spelling) LMAO. I'm hip with that! hehe

Loves ya too! and HUGS

1:57 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

Oh wow just like his creator totally wickedly devilish!!!!!
What fab challenges from Chrysti and Suzie Q (nearly as good as mine)LOL. wouldnt mind a go myself with these too.

Those fireworks sound so fab. what lucky lil girls they are I can just see all those colours - so wonderful.
Have a fab day darling, loads of love, as always Jude xxxxx

9:10 AM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

LOL Jude! I am not!! Well ok maybe a little!! hehehe

Yes Chrysti's Challenge is going to take a while...I dont have anything white as far as embellishments...thinking about groveling door to door with my neighbors...button button whos got the button?...lace? Something! I will find something I am sure if I look hard enough and think hard enough (hopefully without hurting myself lol)

Dipstick here yours truly forgot the camera for them fireworks...but y'all know about my lack of skill with photography LOL
Loves ya!

9:27 AM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home