Thursday, July 06, 2006

It is raining again! Kind of nice and calming though!



"Memories" I suppose you could say that songs are my inspiration these last few days. It reads, "Pictures may fade...Memories will remain". I added some small metal eyelets to each corner of the words...except one I could only fit 2 eyelets on it. There are 4 image transparencies in this piece...3 of my grandparents...top where it is green is a picture of my grandfather and his brothers having a beer and a smoke lol...I had no clue my grandfather did either one of those things lol....the picture is faded a bit with a little help.....the second one in center in yellow...is a pic of my grandparents....and in green at the bottom...barely seen is my grandfather and brother? friend? not sure...riding bicycles. The baby is an instant relative lol....and on far left is a transparency of a post card...Lots of stuff in this one!

And that green at bottom is actually a piece of Chrystis handmade papers I bought in her store....Lovely stuff!

I really can't explain why I am suddenly creating vintage pieces....I think maybe it is a part of Judes challenge of shabby chic she gave me.....I bet your wondering what happened to all the funky colors and Zetti style.....it is still with me.....guess I have to be in the right erm maybe wrong frame of mind lol to Zetti! It will happen....Could be my mood swings that bring on all these different pieces LOL ..... should call it Menopausal Art LMAO....it is up for grabs on eBay

http://stores.ebay.com/Nancys-Art-and-Supplies

I really hate advertising here.....but until things are financially stable here at home ...things will go back to normal.....Thanks for putting up with me!!! :)

Happy Creating!

Nance

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Your Vintage pieces are wonderful, Nance, it's great to see you doing something different! And how lovely to discover all those 'secrets' about your relatives! :)

Keep up the good work, girl, it's great! :)

Loads of Love,
Q xXx

4:00 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Suzie! I hope all is well with you!

Love and hugs!

7:52 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger kathywas said...

OMG! I LOVE all of the layering on this one! It's been awhile since I've blogged, and as I go through all of your recent uploads they just get better and better. I am really inspired by this piece...it's beautiful!

8:29 PM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thanks Kathy! Slowly bit by bit I am getting used to this vintage look...It is almost like being in another world when I create a piece in this manner. :)

9:10 PM, July 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home