Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Try it Tuesdays week2 challenge Transparency technique

I think she's got it! I think I finally accomplished the antique look to my art....what do you think?
This piece is created on a 9 x 12 canvas board. I made 5 image transparencies...4 of the old letter image for the background and 1 image transfer of the two little girls...I used this canvas that I had previously used for last weeks challenge...it was an orange and yellow background..I didn't care for it particularly...so I grunged it up with more paint and Tim Holtz's Distress Ink.....Think I will try more of this antique looking art hehe. But I am fond of my quirky zetti art more...so it is pretty hard to tear me away from it....but I like variety.

Happy Creating!

Nancy

7 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I luv what You've created, I can't get the hang of it or figure out where to get the paper she mentioned either.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Maggie

10:00 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Maggie!

10:10 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Maggie which paper you talking about hun? Let me know and I will see if I can track it down.:)

10:13 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Funky Art Queen said...

Hey it does look antique. Great job. Love the colors! You just keep getting better and better! Can I mark you as a link on my blog?
Lesley a.k.a. Funky Art Queen

5:59 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

Hey honey Im still here, had a bad week this week (brain wise)lol, but hope to get something new up on my blog soon. Love this piece its really gorgeous, I dont have any of the supplies needed for Try it Tuesdays 2nd challenge :( Youve done really well it looks really aged and distressed you should check out Studio Friday their theme this week is Aged and antiqued http://www.tinesparkles.squarespace.com/studio-friday/
Keep up the good work and have a wonderful weekend, btw, the pot of gold didnt land on my house this time lol!!!! Love and hugs Judy x

6:34 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thanks Lesley! You most definately can add me to your list as I already added you to mine lol :)

6:42 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hey Judy! Hugs to you! I hope that things get better for you! May seems to be just not a good month for all..Theres always that rainbow :) ...Thank you for the compliments....I will definately visit Studio Friday!

6:45 PM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home