Saturday, May 27, 2006

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...la la la la


This is a doll I made about a year ago (could be longer lol)
The Uh Oh doll....regardless of her differences she still smiles and has a heart just like all of us....She was purposely made this way.....That no matter what our appearances we are wanting and needing love just as much as the next person....and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...beauty is only skin deep....beauty lies within our minds and our souls...not what is on the outside.....at least that is where I find the beauty in a person....

All my life people kept telling me how beautiful I was....UGH I hate that....they were looking at the outside and not looking deeper of who I was inside....Inside I was screaming..."HELLO....I've got insides too! Take a look get to know me!

Like they say there is more to a book than it's cover...you have to open the book to understand it's contents....

I spent most of my years taking care of others (still do) just not physically able to work outside the home......The wear and tear of being a Licensed CNA took a toll on my bod...at the age of 41 now...I have arthritis thruout my entire body....ya it hurts....but I just keep going....I am not going to let that stop me from doing the things I love and taking care of the people I love dearly....About 6 years ago...I was in a minor car accident....well the results was whip lash...my neck and shoulders hurt and burn constantly.....the car was titled "totaled"....from working as a CNA...I have something out of wack in my upper back....the pain is unbearable at times.....but I don't let it get me down.....uh uh no way.....so much more to enjoy.....I just think about how little my pains are compared to what Jesus went thru for us....despite his own enemies and non believers.....he never complained....so I try to keep this in mind.....When I got friends here and my family at home.....then I have the best life can offer....Thank you Judy, Suzie, Lia, Tara (whereever you are ) and to you Chrysti..and to anyone I missed ....Hugs to y'all...I don't know what I would do without you! Blessings!

Much Love and Happy Creating!

Nancy

19 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Q said...

Wow, Nancy, what a wonderful positive attitude you have :)

You are a star!

Blessings to You, and Much Love
Suzie Q xXx

10:58 AM, May 27, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

You are a gem Suzie!...thank you!!

11:10 AM, May 27, 2006  
Blogger Corinne said...

I love your Uh-Oh doll!! yep- absolutely!!! I loved reading your post, Nancy. Thanks for sharing the beautiful INSIDE part of you!!
(I was a nurse for 21 years...I hear you on the worn out body thing)...nursing is just plain hard labor. But oh so worth it. - the gifts are incredible, in spite of the toll it takes on us.
Love ya!

5:04 PM, May 27, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank You Corinne....yes the rewards in my CNA career were far more better than the pay...which is ok with me...I got to hear some incredible stories from elderly folk and got to spend alot of time with a unique group of people who were labled "developementally disabled" They are all people just like you and me..and arent we all different in some way?! and still yet we are all children of God! :)
Loves ya too!

5:14 PM, May 27, 2006  
Blogger artjunk~ said...

I'm sitting in puddles!!!!

this is SO touching, and the message you give to everyone is so uplifting and true. OMG, you could have described me with the pain. I also suffer from arthritis at yes, 41 also! I also have boughts of chronic fatique and a slipped disc in my back which acts up often. sometimes, like today, I wake up feeling like someone beat me up from head to toe! then I read this and see that I don't have to give in to the pain and that I can change my attitude and not miss out on what life has for me. I did do that with the back prob. though, I gave in to the pain, then one day I wised up and said, fine, you are going to hurt, but I'm going to go on and since then I've been able to do so much more despite the pain. thank you nancy for being such a blessing to others. I love your attitude about life and you offer lots of encouragement, wisdom and love, yes, you are still giving to others, that is who you are!!!! hugs and Love!!!!! Lia

9:30 AM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger artjunk~ said...

p.s. I love the "uh-oh" doll phrase. I am going to tell my kids about this! I think I'm going to say "UH-OH" if I here myself starting to get cranky and think about the dolly! :) Lia

9:33 AM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Awww Lia ..big hugs to you doll...eyes are misty....but in a good way.....you made me feel my worth today! Thank you! :) Now the wheels in my mind are going full speed with ideas of what to do with this doll...hehehehe...I will let you know more about it when I work out the details...:)

9:39 AM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Nancy, I'm sorry for your trials but at the same time they have helped mold you into someone with a BEAUTIFUL spirit. It's gotta be hard at times though, I hope you have the support you need to lift you up when you need it! But it does sound like you arent's someone to sit around having a pity party, and pick yourself up with your art and great attitude! Know that your "fans" care...
:^)
Suzanne

12:21 PM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger crafty said...

Just want to give the doll a big cuddle.................I'm into primitive and grungy dolls......have a ton of them I made a couple of years back.......I just can't part with them.
just luv your blog
thanx
ciao ciao
joan in italy

3:00 PM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Suzanne...life happens lol...then you dust yourself off and go back at it :)
Hugs to you!

5:52 PM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Awww Joan....I hate to part with my dollies too...Thank you for the compliment!:)

5:53 PM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

Hi babe, Im going to send you a www massage lol, seriously though, I've never met you but Im sorry to have to say this ......YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL........
There said it, you have touched me with kindness and positivity and love so Im sending some to you and a ((((((BIG HUG)))))). I always remember you in my prayers now, if thats any comfort. So from bonnie Scotland lots of love Judy x

4:40 AM, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Awww Judy your the best! Love ya too darlin....thanks for being such a good friend...all your comments always make me feel good...(((((Big Hugs)))) back at ya....:) Bless you!

8:49 AM, May 29, 2006  
Blogger TARA said...

I'm here, I'm here! :) You're so welcome! I'm probably going to do some fun art today. I can't get any further on my new pastel without the bottle of alcohol, and someone LOST it! Arg! So, I might stop on my way home from work, but I'm not going out of my way for it. So, I'll make do with what I have! Hugs to you!

1:05 PM, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Glad to see ya here Tara! I hope you share what you created! :) Hugs!

11:48 PM, May 29, 2006  
Anonymous Chrysti said...

Nancy-- This was an amazing, heartfelt post... i Love the doll, and the story! Thanks for sharing yet another beautiful part of you!

3:20 PM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Your welcome!! and awwwwwww(blushin)

4:16 PM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger kathywas said...

Nancy...I love what you wrote. It was so touching and it really moved me. I also ADORE your doll and what she stands for. I also love her name! I feel that the world could use something like this today, and I think that you should try selling or marketing her...especially with a "blurb" attached about her appearance and loving her for what she is...just like what you wrote. I know that I would purchase one! She's adorable...inside AND out!!

8:23 AM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Ive been working out ideas for that hehe Shhhhhhhh lol and Thank you Kathy for your sweet comments! I just feel people should take a second look (a deeper one) at others and not for their appearance...if they only knew...they just might be missing out on the best friend they could ever have!

9:01 AM, June 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home