Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Inspired by Lia



Painting purdy pictures la la la la la....ACK! Bad picture eh? lol I was inspired by Lia aka ArtJunkGrl.. on one of her blog posts....where she sits down on her hardwood floor with her kids and a variety of paints and her junk mail....and just paints to her hearts content on little bits of paper to use at a later time in her art creations....

So, I grabbed a handful of those annoying little bits that fall out of magazines...you know the ones...business reply cards....and grabbed random paint colors and went to town.....I think I did about 20 of these yesterday....and it was just so much fun that after the kids got home we did more of the same together at the kitchen table.....they are hooked! lol and so is their mommy hehe...Thanks Lia for such wonderful inspiration! Much Love....

Happy Creating!

Nancy

8 Comments:

Blogger artjunk~ said...

Nancy--these are beautiful! Don't tell hubby I had anything to do with it...lol....ha ha...the first time I did this my husband raised his eyebrows. the second, the girls were jumping up and down and haggling over their special "spot" to paint in. I am thinking of doing this this summer with some of their friends! so glad you had fun. now we can have a challenge to make something on them! fun for just getting in the creative mood! Hugs! Lia

6:18 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Too late girl he was standing here when I was reading what you wrote back to me LOL....ya it was fun...a good way to use junque paper hehe...I have already started cutting and pasting them to my Book of Hmm Muhahhaa..Hugs! Nancy:)

6:54 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

Theyre brilliant, I've got to do some today now too!!! Lol Jx

3:09 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Miss F said...

hello nancy... just lettin u know that I came across your Blog today and found it perfectly delightful. your creativity and vibrant spirit shiNes throUgh and is very inspiriNg! I am tempted to get my sadLy neglecTed art materiaLs and buckle down to PLAY!!!

anyway, I invite y0u to viSit my blog. most of the quotati0ns there are dedicated t0 artiSts like you. ^^

7:29 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hi Judy! Isn't it nice how we all inspire each other!!! hugs!

9:27 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Awwwwwwww Thank You Miss F....by all means get out those art supplies...you won't regret it! :)
and I will definately visit you!

9:30 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger artjunk~ said...

OH, nancy, don't give me any credit, you run a thousand miles with any idea! these are so cool. you are going to town, girl! we should start a junk mail flickr art group, doncha think??? Lia

8:31 AM, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

And why shouldnt I give you any credit!? Your creativeness amazes me! That sounds like a great idea! I love your ideas, they are affordable...erm free almost even lol...with my budget or lack there of, I do what I can to recycle anything I can get my hands on hehehe!

9:15 AM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home