Monday, May 01, 2006

BOD Week2 Page 3 and Page 4(part 1 & 2 )

Page 3: "Imagine and Dream" This page was created at 12am this morning, in free style form. I had a small pile of bits and pieces on my desk and just added them randomly to the page. Good way to get good use out of pile of small images you have shoved to the side. I colored the page using crayons, colored pencils and oil pastels. Did this without a care in the world, letting the colors go where they wanted to go. I am happy with this one. It made me feel happy and carefree to do this page. :)










BOD page 4 (part 1&2) "Dreams of a Secret Garden"
I have always wanted a secret garden to escape to when things
get crazy. The gate door opens to reveal the garden. I found
the gate door in a magazine for a Target ad. On the gate door it
reads, "When one door closes another one opens".




















BOD Part 2 of page 4 with gate open to reveal garden. I am starting to feel better about the process of this book. 12 more pages to go lol. Got to get busy. I have some collage sheets available at: www.somethingtwocrowabout.citymax.com on my "Collage Sheets" page.


















Happy Creating!

Nancy

9 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Hi, I'm also in the BOD challenge, but I'm a complete beginner in this altered book thing. I was wondering if you used varnish or other fixitive spray on the oil pastels. Did you? :)

12:18 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hello Paula...to be quite honest...I have no idea how to seal my pages...I am not sure whether to use a gel medium or decopage or what exactly lol...I am pretty much self taught..when I find out what I should use I will let you be the first to know!

12:49 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

Love your pages. Your BOD looks amazing!! Your freestyle page made me smile:) That's what it's all about! Love your enthusiasm with this book. Your ahead of all of us. Cheers!

2:25 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger angeleyes said...

I love this idea. It flows so well with the time and spirit of this season.

2:43 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger TARA said...

Oh, these are AWESOME! I love that book/movie The Secret Garden! My mom has an old picture that she's going to give me of an open door (big grandfather clock next to it) with a path leading through a gate and to a garden. I love that picture because it reminds me of the secret garden. :) These are great!

8:52 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Ty artsymama! This is my first AB challenge so I am going at it hehe. I will try to slow it down..well maybe lol This is just so much fun!

9:25 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Angeleyes!

9:26 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hey Tara! How was your weekend girlie? We have that movie too..I adore it! Cant wait to see your secret garden! Way cool! and Thank you for the comments hun!

9:27 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Angeleyes...are you who I think you are "T" ??? If so cheers!

9:32 PM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home