Thursday, May 04, 2006

BOD page 7 Week 2 "glazes" and "layers"

Be sure to scroll down to see the other two posts I mentioned, Thanks!
I really like this page in my BOD book! But I couldn't stand the thought of glazing lol ....I think what I am going to do is use a clear glitter paint and add some gel medium to it...Cuz I already like the colours in this. What do you think? To glaze or not to glaze lol. I also, need some help from one of y'all ....I use scrapbooking cardstock paper for my base ....Could someone tell me plz as what to use to seal my pages??? I use paint, oil pastels, crayon and colored pencil and I don't want to smudge or smear anything when I go to seal my pages....so any help is much appreciated. :) Thanks!

"Live Your Dreams" I got this "quote" from one of my bestest girl friends...Thanks "T" It reads, " Live your dreams....But dream well" She said this was a quote of the "Cherokee" Correct me if I am wrong on this "T". Thanks hun!

Happy Creating!

Nancy

6 Comments:

Blogger TARA said...

This is awesome! I love the colors, the swirlies, and the wings! Did you draw/paint the wings yourself or is that a collage piece? I like the way you did the quote... very good! :)

12:29 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger ArtsyMama said...

Wow, very striking. Gorgeous page. LOVE the colors and the image and the composition. Wonderful work!!!

12:53 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Tara! Yes I drew the wings using a black colored pencil. I hope to turn it into a collage piece for my collage sheet page on my website. Got to build up a few more images before I can do that. hehe

1:18 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you again artsymama! Hugs from the "Golden" mixing chemist!! Lmao oh goodness..Im still laughing on that one!

1:19 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Nancy, I don't have much experience with this so try at your own risk. :^) You can use gel medium or Mod Podge as a sealer but I would definitely experiment with a piece you don't care about first! I worry about water-soluble oil pastels or watercolor pencils bleeding when a sealer is applied. Anyone else have a method that is successful for you? Warning--Mod Podge smells gross! Just have to determine what type of finish you want, matte or gloss, etc., because you will get different results with different products.
Good luck! Suzanne
p.s. love these latest pieces!

10:10 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Suzanne....I have used mod podge and ya it does smell aweful...I also use Goldens gel medium...see I thought artsymama meant to mix the gel medium with acrylics...wrong..but it worked..didnt smudge it nicely glazed and sealed my page...and dried quickly..I used it on one of my BOD pages see "Dream Target"...and thank you for the comments! :)

10:36 PM, May 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home