Monday, April 24, 2006

Taking a break from my norm of Journal art pages

I just discovered Artsymama's "Book of Dreams" project and decided to join in the fun. It will give me a chance to try out some new techniques. And when the "Book of Dreams" is finished, I am hoping to come back to my Journal art pages refreshed and full of new ideas. I can't wait to get started! Well I suppose I have, I have chosen the book I will use in this project. I am so excited about this I just can't find all the right words. I feel I have been stuck in a rut for so long feeling like I am doing the same ol thing day in and day out, only in different colors and images.

This is my last posting of Journal art pages for awhile at least till the "Book of Dreams" is finished. (I will be posting my layouts for this project) This one is titled: "Pigment of Your Imagination and reads, "When you dream in color it is a pigment of your imagination" Hmmm Dream in color??.....maybe I have already started on my book LOL ummm nope. Too easy!

It took me so long to come up with a face image for this one, I spent time swapping out eyes and lower half of faces till I came to something I liked...ugh...maybe I should just shut my eyes and cut and paste without a care...now theres a novel idea lol....no telling what would come of that! With my luck I would have pieces of images stuck everywhere but the paper it is suppose to be on or end up cutting the heck out of myself with my scissors lol oooooooooo bad visual lol Off to bed I go!

Happy Creating!

Nancy

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Nancy! Checkin' out your blog...your "random cut/paste" technique could result in some interesting results! :^) I drive myself crazy too trying to decide on the "perfect" composition for my pieces. My problem is I work in a technical field and sometimes it's hard to let go of approaching things methodically all the time! One of these days I'd like to create a "collage theme generator", some kind of program where the output will be what colors to use, a phrase, photo, etc., all I have to do is create using all those things! (See what I mean about methodical!) That way I won't be stuck starting at a blank canvas--for long! Anyway, looking forward to seeing your new work!

11:27 PM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger artjunk~ said...

I'm so glad you are joining a book of dreams! I identify with your post. sometimes I feel like I'm giving birth and get frustrated trying to finish a piece. I'm looking forward to "playing" in my book of dreams! "see" you soon!

6:28 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Hello Suzanne...thanks for coming to visit me....I think I will pass on the "random cut/paste" idea, at least not with my eyes shut lol. I think maybe I should be just grab a couple images out of the box at random with out thought and just go with whatever image touches my hand first...don't know why I get "stuck" instead of just letting the art flow like it should. About the blank canvas maybe just grab a few and play with colors and do a few backgrounds on all of them and when dry just grab one at random, like Teesha Moores method on watercolor paper she just paints a few pages at a time. If you haven't read her tips on how she goes about it, I would highly recommend reading her process on her site. She has great info!

9:12 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

artjunk...I couldn't wait last night to get started..I had had a book laying around here and not knowing what to do with it..and I found Arstymama's challenge thru your blog, and said," This is just what I need right now" and grabbed the book and started in on it...I'm an impatient one lol..I have the cover almost finished and it's not my normal quirky style...I want to do something different but I wonder if I should stick something quirky in the book or not. Here we go again with the "thought process" I really need to quit that lol and just let it flowwwwwww. I am eager to post a pic of the cover now, so I am off to play!!

9:23 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger TARA said...

I like the idea how you put faces together. I hadn't thought of that yet! :)

4:21 PM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger kathywas said...

WOW! Your journal pages are exquisite!! The colors and the imagery are simply divine!! I'm going to miss seeing them for awhile, but I look forward to seeing what you do with your Book of Dreams. I'm sure that it, too, will be a knockout!!

10:43 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Tara! I admire Teehsa Moores art and her way of doing things...So I thought I would try it out for myself with what images I have.

8:20 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Nancy Baumiller said...

Thank you Kathy...I have a confession...I did a Journal art page tonight lol...I had found an old photo at the antique shop around the corner from my house...and I just couldnt resist doing something with it hehe. I might just post it tomorrow.

8:23 PM, April 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home